"I want to be like "Tom Cruise",exclaimed someone in the audience.
"And I like Ronaldo!" ,exclaimed another...
I sighed and switched off the TV.I was watching some discussion where people were being asked ,"If you were reborn,who would you like to be?"
"Are you thinking what's the point of such discussion?!",you must be thinking I am being hypercritical...right??
Well ,there are times when some situations have a subliminal influence,influences which we often fail to realize....and what I realized is, today everyone wants to be like some one else...originality,these days, is a rare commodity.
Just think of the people around you,be it any field,a career path, in looks, self portrayal ,etc..You will notice different people all running after the same thing!!Irrespective of their individual capacity!!..
Strange isn't it!. We all have different genetic makeup,different abilities..but all run after the latest trend..Say. MBA is lucrative..all people running after getting an MBA degree...some star starts eating baby food..all commoners start buying the same!
I sort of find this funny..because these trends or habits of people don't benefit them..rather they create a false sense of satisfaction.
Say,you might be happy with a haircut like "Rihanna",if Rihanna looks good in that hair-do,does not necessarily mean that you would look good in it!
What I ultimately mean to say is "Why can't people today be themselves!?","Is being original that difficult!..??"
Come on!.. you weren't born dressed in a prada!or you weren't born straight away with an iPhone!..(Rofl..just imagine that!)
Those are the necessities you created for yourself just like everyone else!
So rather than re-creating a whole new being out of yourself,simply let go of the distractions and be the "pure" you!
Being original isn't that difficult !What you need to do is some introspection!
For a bright career:
- Think what defines you as a person.
- Think what you are good at. You will definitely perform your best doing something you are interested in,rather than wasting time doing something others are good at!
- Don't worry about the current educational/ professional trends,after all some one has to be a trend setter! Why can't you be one of them!
- Stand in front of the mirror,rather than putting up weird clothes/hairdo/makeup in fashion, put on what suits you and looks good on you.
- Remember ,if things are branded or overpriced they won't necessarily look good.It's something which suits you ,make you look good!
- Be happy always!That natural glow on your face comes from internal happiness and content, not by applying gold dust make up!
- Respect what you have:.....aiming high is good..but aiming too high beyond one's capacity is bad.Be pleased with what you have...be consistent..be positive..be constructive..this will ensure a consistent growth,both at individual level..and in your organization/career.
- Respect your physical entity...some people go for surgeries ,cosmetic enhancements..pals..those are lifesaving treatments for burn and accident victims..an absolute necessity for them to live a normal life..,,then why unnecessarily manipulate what you have!You don't need to look good to please someone..If a person's really likes you he/she would accept you as you are.
- Finally ,respect others,the word respect is fast losing its meaning.... If you are good at something you needn't necessarily disdain others for not being as capable as you are. Everyone is gifted with different abilities..respecting them propagates goodwill and brings about a peaceful and harmonious life.
For good looks:
For a contented life:
The excerpts above are from my own experience .I do follow what I have written above....these ideals haven't disappointed me till now.I hope they would not disappoint anyone either!
I would be glad if you left a comment regarding what you felt :)
Lifeosopher


Finally a post from you and as usual very original and unique :)
ReplyDelete@sushovan :) thnks
DeleteYour Blog time is still in Pacific time. Change it to IST
ReplyDeleteThat was refreshing, keep it up!!
ReplyDeletehttp://apparitionofmine.blogspot.in/
:) @noopur ..thank you!
ReplyDeleteThis is well thought out (or must I say insight?) and articulated. Keep the wisdom alive and kicking!
ReplyDeletenice one
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Deletephilosopher i like it
ReplyDelete